Singapore to host 2nd ‘mega tourism & travel festival’
Singapore will host ‘TravelRave 2011′ from October 17-23, a series of related events designed to showcase business opportunities in the Asian travel industry. It will be the second of its kind, after the success of TravelRave last year saw 8,000 participants.
Along with the region’s economies and middle class wealth, Asia’s tourism industry is booming and the number of international arrivals grew 13% last year over 2009. The Singapore Tourism Board, which organizes the event, says it’s Asia’s ”only mega tourism and travel festival” and will show that Asia is leading the world’s tourism industry recovery.
Bringing all the events to one time and place should ease things for attendees. Events will include the ITB Asia travel fair, a conference on hotel and tourism investment, an annual meeting of Asian convention and travel bureaus, and a nice-sounding ‘retreat’ for policymakers and industry leaders hosted by the UN World Tourism Organization.
source & article: AFP via Yahoo! News
- Japanese Road Show to discuss opportunities in ASEAN
- World Bank Group to open office in Singapore
- Clark International Airport becoming an important Philippines hub
- Singapore tightens conditions for foreign workers
- Singapore may benefit from financial gloom: survey
- AirAsia in share swap with Malaysia Airlines?
- AirAsia, ANA join to form new budget airline in Japan
- Tune Hotels to take budget hotel model to Australia
- New deals for Malaysia from BIO International convention
- Big events in 2011 to show Malaysia’s dedication to biotech