Singapore (surprise) is world’s most popular business meeting spot
If the world in 2010 were a popularity contest among cities and countries, Singapore’s grinning face would be owning the podium: add to its list of category winners the “world’s most popular city for international meetings” award. With a total of 689 international events in 2009 Singapore took out the ‘city’ category for the third year running, and also went from third to second in the ‘country’ category (the entire USA came first with 1,085). Needless to say, it’s Asia’s most popular meeting place too, though it’s worth mentioning it has kept that honor for 26 years now.
The award is given by the Brussels-based Union of International Associations (UIA), a century-old research institute, documentation center and meeting statistics gatherer.
source & article: The Straits Times
- World Bank Group to open office in Singapore
- Clark International Airport becoming an important Philippines hub
- Singapore tightens conditions for foreign workers
- Singapore may benefit from financial gloom: survey
- AirAsia in share swap with Malaysia Airlines?
- AirAsia, ANA join to form new budget airline in Japan
- Tune Hotels to take budget hotel model to Australia
- Infrastructure, construction boom in Southeast Asia: Reuters
- Temasek, Khazanah team up for Singapore-Malaysia developments
- Singapore’s job market heavily weighted in workers’ favor