Singapore has highest millionaire concentration, Malaysia gaining
The question of which country is the world’s (US$) millionaire capital arises again, and as usual it depends how you count. The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) has released the results of its latest millionaire survey, and put simply the category rankings are:
- Outright highest number of millionaires: USA (4.7 million of them), followed by Japan and China;
- Overall highest concentration of millionaires (in order): Singapore, Hong Kong, Switzerland, Kuwait, Qatar, United Arab Emirates and USA;
- Highest growing millionaire percentage (of total population): Singapore (35%), Malaysia (33%), Slovakia (32%) and China (31%).
Now lets see some spending! Milionaires, the world economy needs your help.
source: The Straits Times (full article requires paid subscription)
- Biotech entrepreneurship flourishing in Malaysia
- World Bank Group to open office in Singapore
- ‘Wave’ of FDI flows into Malaysia in 2011
- The Economist: good policies creating a strong Penang
- Senai Hi-Tech Park will help transform Malaysia, says PM Najib
- Singapore tightens conditions for foreign workers
- Singapore may benefit from financial gloom: survey
- AirAsia in share swap with Malaysia Airlines?
- Japanese M&A activity and FDI grows in Malaysia
- RIM may set up Blackberry procurement center in Penang