Philippines shows strong potential for growth: KOICA
The Korean International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) says the Philippines shows strong potential for growth, comparing its current situation to South Korea’s a few decades ago.
Despite its economic challenges, KOICA’s statement highlights Philippines’ several competitive advantages: its location in the heart of Asia, adequate manpower and a rich supply of natural resources. Also stressed was the need for innovation and a refusal to simply follow trends. Several South Korean companies have become leaders in their fields and have turned that country into one of the world’s most high-tech.
source & article: Positive News Network Philippines
- Clark International Airport becoming an important Philippines hub
- Philippines’ special economic zones expect further growth
- More longer-term investment flows into Indonesia
- Indonesia needs more reform to reach potential
- Infrastructure, construction boom in Southeast Asia: Reuters
- Temasek, Khazanah team up for Singapore-Malaysia developments
- Philippines credit rating now one notch under investment-grade
- Philippines opening up business links in New Zealand under FTA
- Abu Dhabi makes big investment in Malaysian aluminum
- Investors behind Philippines projects ’100%’ but wary