Peugeot announces new Malaysia-produced sedan
Peugeot will launch a new sedan in Malaysia to compete with the Honda Civic, Toyota Altis and Nissan Sylphy next year, with production to begin locally at Naza Automotive’s plant in Gurun, Kedah by the end of the year.
Malaysia is the center for producing Peugeot’s right-hand drive models in the region, with the company keen to cement its presence in the Southeast Asian market. Naza will make 60,000 of the new sedans over the next five years, with 40% going on sale to the Malaysian domestic market in April 2012 and the remaining 60% exported to Australia, New Zealand, Asean and even Africa.
source & article: The Star online
- Biotech entrepreneurship flourishing in Malaysia
- ‘Wave’ of FDI flows into Malaysia in 2011
- The Economist: good policies creating a strong Penang
- Senai Hi-Tech Park will help transform Malaysia, says PM Najib
- Could Indonesia overtake Thailand as an auto manufacturer?
- AirAsia in share swap with Malaysia Airlines?
- Japanese M&A activity and FDI grows in Malaysia
- RIM may set up Blackberry procurement center in Penang
- Corporatize sports funding, says Malaysian govt.
- Tune Hotels to take budget hotel model to Australia