Joint venture to launch Asean-centric Islamic financial products
OSK-UOB Islamic Fund Management will launch a series of Asean-centric Islamic investment products in Malaysia including Shariah-based equity funds, balanced funds, sukuk funds, money market funds, feeder funds and index funds.
OSK-UOB Islamic Fund Management Bhd (OSK-UOB IFM) is a Malaysia-based joint venture between UOB Asset Management Ltd (UOBAM) and OSK-UOB Unit Trust Management Bhd (OSK-UOB UTM). Malaysia is already home to a US$86 billion share of the world’s Islamic Finance market (the largest of any country) and accounts for 63% of global sukuk (Islamic bonds) issued since 2006.
source & article: Bernama
- Biotech entrepreneurship flourishing in Malaysia
- World Bank Group to open office in Singapore
- ‘Wave’ of FDI flows into Malaysia in 2011
- The Economist: good policies creating a strong Penang
- Senai Hi-Tech Park will help transform Malaysia, says PM Najib
- Indonesia to give tax holidays to major foreign investors
- AirAsia in share swap with Malaysia Airlines?
- Japanese M&A activity and FDI grows in Malaysia
- RIM may set up Blackberry procurement center in Penang
- Corporatize sports funding, says Malaysian govt.