Indonesia’s investment potential
Money Morning takes a look at Indonesia’s economic and investment potential, with terms such as “an open secret” and “something of a sleeper”. With a strong focus on the natural resources sector, they highlight that China is actively investing and looking for partners to form joint ventures or acquire.
As well as highlighting Indonesia’s wealth of copper, gold, rubber, coal and liquefied natural gas (LNG), MM says “Literacy rates are high, the middle class is large and growing, and there is a ton of potential in the domestic economy. Think of Indonesia as a South Seas version of Brazil, but without Mardi Gras.”
source & article: Money Morning
- Could Indonesia overtake Thailand as an auto manufacturer?
- Indonesia to give tax holidays to major foreign investors
- US$4.7bn in major gas projects approved for Indonesia
- Japanese M&A activity and FDI grows in Malaysia
- Indonesia strong enough to cope with ‘hot money’, but still wary
- Google keen on Indonesian market, less keen on local regulation
- More on Indonesia’s entrepreneurial spirit
- Indonesian courier start-up Go-Jek wins fame, prize
- More longer-term investment flows into Indonesia
- BAE Systems looking for Malaysian aerospace partnerships