Convergys wins “BPO Employer of the Year” in Philippines
The Philippines’ largest private employer, Convergys, has won the “BPO Employer of the Year” award at the Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Awards in Manila.
Cincinnati, Ohio-based Convergys, which specializes in relationship management and consulting. It now employs over 20,000 people in the Philippines, mainly in the call center/software support industry, and opened five new locations in 2009.
According to the company, the award was given “based on its leadership, size, diversity, commitment to continuous improvement, corporate social responsibility involvement, and its active support of the international information and communication technology industry in the Philippines.” It is the second time the company has won the award since it was first given in 2007.
article & source: Yahoo News (reprinted media release)
- Could Indonesia overtake Thailand as an auto manufacturer?
- Clark International Airport becoming an important Philippines hub
- Singapore tightens conditions for foreign workers
- RIM may set up Blackberry procurement center in Penang
- Philippines’ special economic zones expect further growth
- Google keen on Indonesian market, less keen on local regulation
- Infrastructure, construction boom in Southeast Asia: Reuters
- Philippines credit rating now one notch under investment-grade
- Philippines opening up business links in New Zealand under FTA
- Singapore’s job market heavily weighted in workers’ favor