Citigroup to grow even bigger in Singapore
Citigroup, already Singapore’s largest financial sector employer, is planning to expand its presence by hiring “a few hundred people in each of the next two to three years”.
With 8,800 current employees, Citi is bigger than Singapore native DBS with 7,000 (though DBS is still largest in terms of assets). Citi’s Singapore presence employs more people than its Hong Kong and Tokyo offices combined. Along with the announcement of staff increases, Citi also unveiled plans to relocate its Singapore headquarters to Asia Square in the city’s new financial district, and create Citi’s largest Asia-Pacific trading floor by headcount.
source: Reuters via Yahoo! Singapore
- World Bank Group to open office in Singapore
- Singapore tightens conditions for foreign workers
- Singapore may benefit from financial gloom: survey
- Infrastructure, construction boom in Southeast Asia: Reuters
- Temasek, Khazanah team up for Singapore-Malaysia developments
- Singapore’s job market heavily weighted in workers’ favor
- Southeast Asia air travel news wrap: a big week
- New fund to help med-tech startups in Singapore
- Filipinos optimistic, becoming more financially savvy: survey
- Malaysian merger competition could produce SEA’s largest bank