Bursa Malaysia to introduce ‘sustainability guide’ & education program
Bursa Malaysia Bhd will introduce a “Sustainability Guide” and knowledge portal for Malaysian company directors, in a new move to attract new investors and listings to the market. The exchange hopes introducing more regulations on environmental, social and governance issues will enhance its competitiveness and overall quality.
Bursa Malaysia currently employs a hybrid approach, combining voluntary and mandatory disclosures in its listing requirements. Recently, markets in several countries have begun to introduce reporting conditions other than simply financial as a result of pressure from stakeholders, ‘corporate conscience’ and government policies.
- Biotech entrepreneurship flourishing in Malaysia
- ‘Wave’ of FDI flows into Malaysia in 2011
- The Economist: good policies creating a strong Penang
- Senai Hi-Tech Park will help transform Malaysia, says PM Najib
- AirAsia in share swap with Malaysia Airlines?
- Japanese M&A activity and FDI grows in Malaysia
- RIM may set up Blackberry procurement center in Penang
- Corporatize sports funding, says Malaysian govt.
- Tune Hotels to take budget hotel model to Australia
- BAE Systems looking for Malaysian aerospace partnerships